There are certain situations that may require you to call a personal injury attorney. After an injury, whether it’s from a car accident or a slip and fall at work, many people wonder if they really need to reach out for help. However, there is a chance that you will need the support of an experienced lawyer. They’ll be able to help you through the process and you’ll have a higher chance of getting a financial award to help pay for your bills so you can properly recover.
There are many things you need to consider to help you determine if you need a lawyer’s assistance. These include:
- Severity of the injury: The more serious your injuries are, the more challenges they will have on your life. These challenges can last for years to come. At first, it can be hard to understand the extent of your injuries, which is when an attorney can consult with medical experts for their professional opinion. This will be an important source of evidence and without it, you could lose out on money that would be able to help you and your family get through this tough time.
- Can’t pay medical bills upfront: A skilled personal injury attorney can help you establish the full magnitude of your pain and suffering. They’ll also be able to quantify your damages and fight for you to be able to obtain full and fair compensation you need to pay your bills and other expenses.
- When you have more than minor injuries: In car accidents with no or minor injuries, it is generally recommended that you simply file a claim with the insurance company on your own and get refunded for the car damage. You don’t really need a personal injury attorney if you have minor injuries, though, if your injuries put you in the hospital or if you need surgery, physical therapy, or chiropractic care, it may be a good idea to have your case assessed by a personal injury lawyer.
- When legal responsibility is doubted: While it may be obvious to you that the other party was responsible for your injuries, the defense will try to discredit you, attempting to either reduce or deny responsibility. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can help ensure liability is fairly assigned.
- An unfair settlement offer: Most personal injury claims get settled before they even get to court and as the victim in an accident, you’ll more than likely be sent a settlement offer from the insurance company. You may be insulted by this original offer or you may not even know if it is fair or not, which is common in these kinds of cases. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to tell you if the amount is fair or not. It may take many months of back and forth communication with the insurance companies until your attorney feels as though you have been compensated fairly.
If you have been considering hiring a personal injury lawyer, give the law offices of One Law Group a call to learn more about how we can help you. You can reach our Beverly Hills office at (844)626-1529.