It is not unknown that construction sites are inherently dangerous. They are especially vulnerable when basic safety standards are not maintained, equipment is not maintained, or tools or equipment is defective. An accident is inevitably going to happen. Unfortunately, getting injured on a construction worksite can leave you with life-changing injuries. These injuries cause physical and emotional pain, but they also inflict severe financial hardship in the form of medical expenses and lost time at work. And that’s if you’re lucky.
Common Injuries on Construction Sites
There are several risks that construction workers face while working. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), here are the top causes of injuries on construction sites:
- Falling from heights: Workers often need to work high up on a building, a scaffolding, or piece of machinery, which puts them at a higher risk of falling to the ground below. There is also the risk of falling into holes or ditches on construction sites.
- Trench collapse: Like working on top of buildings, workers commonly work underground. The risk with this comes when a trench collapses. This type of accident can cut off workers’ air supply, or they can be buried alive or suffer crushing injuries.
- Electric shock or blast: Since construction workers use generators, power tools, machinery, and electrical wiring, they are at risk of suffering from electrical burns.
- Appropriate protective gear: Gear like hardhats, safety glasses, and other personal protective equipment is required to be worn on construction sites to prevent injury.
- Repetitive motion injuries: When the body experiences a repetitive motion, it needs to do the same things again and again. The muscles and soft tissues can become worn and damaged. Over time, this damage can limit mobility and cause pain.
If you or someone you love has experienced an injury in a construction accident, you should contact the attorneys at One Law Group.
Why is contacting an attorney after a construction injury occurs?
Contact our Beverly Hills construction accident attorneys to give yourself a better chance of receiving the fairest compensation. You may have to cover medical expenses and lost wages, so it is best to contact an attorney within a week or two. Accidents that occur on construction sites may seem like they’re your fault, but because it happened on the job, you should receive compensation for your stress.
If you’re trying to decide whether or not your accident merits compensation, give us a call today to help guide you and get your life back on track. Give One Law Group a call today at (844) 626-1529 (844)626-1529.